Helping executives deal with the cost, risks and efficiency of their technology organization and projects
Technology Infrastructure Refresh, Relocation, Consolidation Projects
Large, complex infrastructure projects such as a new data center or a major refresh of technology often gets assigned to someone who understands the current environment being refreshed. That assignment assumes that the person knowing the environment best should lead the effort. This is frequently not the optimal selection because of organizational acceptance of existing systems and services
Organizational Efficiency, Performance and Cost
Many IT organizations have little structure, formalization, or standardization in the way services are managed and how desired outcomes are achieved, leading to a number of issues – (1) Processes are often ad-hoc and compliance is inconsistent, (2) there is no formal methodology for planning, designing, transitioning, and operating services within the established portfolio, (3) the lack of a service management focus creates an inefficient and ineffective service delivery model that does not provide value to the business
Creating a governance framework that uses a compact, mission-focused partner community to drive business innovation is an important element of keeping a technology organization fresh, forward leaning and business enabling. This capability can often be the difference between a business being disrupted and being the disruptor.
Accomplishing this requires a formal program with the following:
- Establish the partner ecosystem charter – innovation goals, partner categories, category sponsorship, governance and metrics framework, joint value propositions
- Partner categories may include technologies, content, research, go-to-market, emerging business models
- Joint value propositions represent the agreement between the enterprise and each partner selected – mutual value statements, expected outcomes, evidence of successful partnership, etc.
- Partner selection – focus on the right partners, not just those close at hand
- Innovation Labs – determine purpose, objectives and scale
- Business model disruption – offense and defense